CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 25, 2009

KEEP THE MAIN THING THE MAIN THING


I am going through a hard time. My family is falling apart. I have another court day on Febraury 19th. I need to find a job, because things at the mission just aren't feasible for Allie and I to stay there right now. I don't have a driver's liscence and it's going to be very difficult to find somewhere to work when I'm a convicted felon, moving to London in a month or so, with 2 courtdates next month and a baby. Honestly, I feel quite hopeless, but I know God is still in control and he didn't pull me out of the pit just to let me fall right back in it. When times get hard, I try to remember the phrase a very special person once said in his sermon. He said "Keep the main thing the main thing." Meaning, always keep our eyes on Jesus. There is nothing we can go through that he did not face himself. Always keep our eyes on the cross. In hard times, this is easier said than done, but it gives me hope, instead of wallowing in self pity. I am not sure of anything anymore and even God has a plan in that. Praise the Lord anyway, right.

1 comments:

bub said...

That's right Michelle! Just know that there are others praying for you and God knows exactly how much you can handle. I think that we feel closest to Him when we need Him the most. He's there with you right now. Hang in there!