CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Princess Goforth

Things change so quickly. This Friday was my last day at the hotel Heritage Inn. I am going back to the Lighthouse Rescue Mission to work. See, just recently I told my boss at the hotel that I was looking for another job because I needed to make more money for a lawyer. I'm currently trying to find a lawyer that can help me out with getting a hardship license. I found one that will take my case for 500 down and 125 an hour. Obviously I can't do that working this job. I can't just go find a job anywhere and work any hours, because I have to work around my ride. So I'm in a predicament. Fast forward a couple weeks to this past Wednesday. I was talking to Patty at the mission and she said they still need a secretary. The job is basically volunteer work and I will only be getting paid 100 a week. So, I'm in a leap of faith right now. God has taken care of me thus far and I have confidence He will continue to take care of me. I'm really excited about going back to the mission and yet kinda scared. I start thinking about my daughters' future: school, clothes, doctors, Christmas, the usual and wonder "how?" That's what Satan tries to do. He gets you looking into the future and if your me you proceed to freak out. I was reading James this morning and in chapter 4:13-14 Now listen, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money," Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes.

I just want to make the best of every opportunity. I want to make a difference and serve God where He wants me and if that means very little money then I guess that just makes it that more exciting. Alot of people will not understand why I choose to do this. And I say to those people, " You just haven't met God yet" I want to look back on my life and say, " I made the best of every opportunity God gave me." I call that a fullfilled life. Like John 10:10 says The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life and have it to the full. (An abundant life)

So I embark on this journey. God told me a over a year ago that I would be at the mission, but over the months I began to wonder whether I misunderstood. All I could do was keep standing on his promise. I've gone back out into the world and I know there's nothing out there for me. It's not like it use to be. So I've waited for God's timing and I know I can do all things through Christ, but I still need your prayers. Esther 4:14 For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father's family will perish. And who knows but that you have come to royal position for such a time as this.

If I remain in the world and just "work" for the rest of my life relief and deliverance for others who still live in the bondage I once lived in will arise from somewhere else, but I would have missed the "opportunity" to make the best out of what God has given me and my family will perish without ever having made an impact in the kingdom of God. And who knows but that I have become a sister to Christ, a child of God (Princess) and heir to the thrown for such a time as this. It just puts a smile on my face. God Bless

2 comments:

Sunny Shell said...

Hello precious sister,

I was abused by my entire family (dad, mom and two older siblings) for 13 years (4 - 17 years of age). So I understand what you're feeling.

For whatever reason, the LORD our God chose to save me prior to the abuse...I don't know all the reasons, but maybe one was so that I could go before you and walk with you. My parents too, over the years have tried to minimize the abuse and even called being beaten with a 2' x 4', "just a little mean". It made me angry and defensive.

But our Heavenly Father reminded me that they are blind and live in darkness, as they are not saved (my mom professed Christ as her Savior a few years ago, but I think she might have been falsely converted...no fruit...no change).

Anyway, now I don't let it get to me so much. Does it still bother me? Yes. But I remember 1 Corinthians 2:14 in times like these and remember that my parents can't understand the severity and utter wickedness of their sin b/c they have not the Spirit of God as I do. When I remember that, I don't get so angry with them, but feel pity for them more than anything.

I'm praying for you sister. And for Allie too. She's a beautiful creation of God! I'm confident, b/c of your love for Christ, you will honor all that the Lord has given you. :-)

Love and blessings dear sister,
Sunny

Patty Sumner said...

Now that is the Princess Michelle that I know and love. God will do it! Just you wait and see. I am excited to see just what He does.