CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 8, 2009

People are Enslaved to Whatever Defeats Them

I've kinda had writer's block lately. The block is exhaustion, but the Lord is still workin'. I went to my first womens' convention last weekend. It was great to hang out with christian girlfriends and have a good time. I got to see Matthew West, Kathy Troccoli, Karen Kingsbury, Stormie Omartin, Chonda Pierce and a few more. It was definitely an experience, but I would have to say my favorite part was the road trip itself. I love to travel and I'm hoping the Lord grants me that desire frequently. During the past few weeks I also started talking to Allie's dad again. Big mistake. I know. Right before he started calling me the Lord told me to let him go. I didn't understand that, because we weren't talking at the time. But he called a few days later and my weakness overcame me of having my family back no matter what it takes. In the end, throughout many phone calls I was rejected for another women who parties and drinks 24/7. Basically an older version of me.(The old "me" and I think he realized that) She's in Lexington where he resides at the Hope Center, so I guess it's also more convienant for him. It kinda killed me because he spent months begging me back in his life and when I finally give in, he moves on. After we hung up I thanked the Lord for the work he was doing in my life, because I was praying for the door to close if He didn't want it because I was too weak. So in the end Robert's rejection was God's protection and I am forever grateful. At church Wednesday night someone mentioned a quote about how we ask for blessings but we have our hands full of other things, so we can't receive what God has for us. And at that moment that just made perfect sense to me. I've basically been waiting to see if this could work out. I've been waiting for almost 2 years. I feel I am finally able to move on now. See, all this time I've worried about drugs taking me down, but really it has always been men. And this scripture says it all: "For uttering bombastic, empty words, they seduce, by fleshly desires and debauchery, people who have barely escaped from those who live in error. They promise them freedom, but they themselves are slaves of corruption, since people are enslaved to whatever defeats them. For if, having escaped the world's impurity through the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in these things and defeated, the last state is worse for them than the first. For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness than, after knowing it, to turn back from the holy commandment delivered to them. It has happened to them according to the true proverb: A dog returns to it's own vomit and , a sow after washing itself, wallows in the mud. 2 Peter 2:18-22
Lord, thank you for your grace, mercy and protection. I would still be in hell without you. Amen.

1 comments:

Patty Sumner said...

Awesome! If we could just get it the first time, but then we would not JESUS! Every time we experience him new (Jesus) is a new opportunity to know him better.