CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 16, 2009

Nothing like Pain to Remind you Your Alive

The past week I have been struggling with severe back pain. I was laid up in bed for 3 days straight. I've never hurt my back and I've done alot of crazy stuff. I use to be a bodybuilder and never did anything like this. I guess the devil was having a hard time getting inside my head, so he started on my body. It almost worked. I had people telling me to go to the hospital and at least get something to ease the pain, but I know that's not a good idea for someone like me. I began a rockin' pity party and I was the only one there. The good news is I passed the temptation from Satan and the test from God. I'm going to be moving to London in a few weeks with a bum back, but I'm just thankful I'm up and walking today. It reminds me that it could be alot worse. I remember laying in a hospital bed over 3 years ago with a gun shot to my stomach. I'm lucky I'm alive and that I don't have to wear a colostomy bag for the rest of my life. I had to wear one for 3 months. I was humbled tremendously. The artery in my leg was severed and I bled to death. All I remember is the blackest black that I've ever seen. I woke up a week later in ICU. I had to undergo a few more surgeries and alot more pain killers, but I stayed so high I didn't even realize what God had done for me. He saved me then, like He's saving me now. He saves me everyday I wake up. I wasn't happy about it then, but I'm so thankful now. I would be spending eternity in hell. Anyway, I don't know how I got off on this, but what I was trying to say is pain reminds you how lucky you are and that it could be worse. Just think about all the crazy, stupid things we've done over the years and we are still healthy as the next person. And then their are good people who wouldn't hurt a fly who end up paralyzed, deaf, or blind, or crippled in some way. Babies that are born with defects and deadly diseases, and here I am still kickin' it after shootin' up, drinking myself into oblivion, smoking crack, snorting cocaine, and countless other stupid and irresponsible things. I don't deserve the blessings I have today. We could ask "why" all day, but that doesn't change anything in the end. It is not for us to know. It is not our troubles that matter, it is who we are in the midst of our troubles. Do we step out and think about others or wallow in our own self pity. It doesn't matter what situation you are in, it could always be worse, and it's by the grace of God you are who you are today and you have what you have, and I'm not talking materially.

3 comments:

Lorna Kroepfl said...

Amen to that sister. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'll be praying for you. Hope your back feels better soon.

bub said...

Amen, Michelle, amen! When I can get out of the "why" and into the "what can I do" I'm a lot better off. So glad you are alive and able to share your testimony. I'll say it again, He has great plans for you!

Patty Sumner said...

THAT'S WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT! WELCOME BACK MICHELLE!