CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

You Are Like A Ray Of Sunshine

Hey, I'm still here. My court date got moved to March 3rd. I went to court yesterday and didn't get out until 4. It was a long day, but well worth it in the end. The Lord asked me a few days ago as I was reading His word, " Is the Lord's arm too short, you will see what I will do for you." And yesterday I walked in a courtroom with 2 felonies over my head while already being a convicted felon. By worlds eyes I was going to prison, but by Gods' hand I was delivered. I walked out with 2 misdemeanors and......................well, my p.o just called me. I've basically got probation for 1 more year. It will be up April 2010. Wow. I still can't believe it. Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, niether have entered into the minds the things the Lord can do for those who love Him. Amen. I'm basking in my "freedom" glow right now.............. Not only am I free from jail, I'm free from the chains that have held me captive all these years. Allie and I have a home now. I actually found a job. I haven't got my driver's lisence yet, but I know the Lord's working on that, because He sent me someone with connections in Walmart yesterday. I'm so excited I'm about to burst. And none of this would be happening unless 2 very important people hadn't listened to God's call on their life. Patty and Scottie Sumner at the Lighthouse Rescue Mission gave up everything to help girls like me almost 4 years ago. They are like my mother and father that I never had. They showed me Christ everyday. They walked what they talked and for that I am free. Patty and Scottie, if you read this, I just want to thank you. What you do is worth it, every last detail. I know it gets hard, but there are thousands of other girls out there just like me. We just have to be willing to endure the "let downs" to get to the "oddballs" like me. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

4 comments:

Cora from Hidden Riches said...

I can't tell you how wonderful it was to find your blog today, Michelle! You have blessed my heart so much as I have read of what the Lord is doing in your life! He is such a wonderful and merciful God, isn't He????? I also read your last post about your Mom leaving, etc. I'm so sorry about all that has happened to you. Life can be so difficult and full of disappointments, but I do know one thing ---- everything comes our way for a purpose, and you will see someday that this, too, has only make you become more Christlike and brought you closer to Himself! Thank you so much for being open and honest! I'll be praying for you and checking back often! Cora

Patty Sumner said...

Way to go Michelle! Thanks for the kind words, but it is not us it is God. God is good and not some of the time or when it goes well, He is good all of the time! Keep walking it out! Keep showing others that there is hope through Jesus Christ!

glenna said...

i am so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God is so good!! i will also be forever grateful for scottie and patty. they gave me my sister back!!!

Joyfulsister said...

HI Michele,
Thank you for dropping by today, it is always a blessing to meet new sisters. I read your post and I am reoicing with you, and I see your heart in all that you are trying to accomplish for you and little Allie. Keep the faith and keep allowing the Lord to carry you through each day. I will keep you and Allie in prayer and will back to visit and see how you both are doing. Remember with God all things are possible, it may not be easy, but it is possible.

Hugz Lorie